|Teacher-in-Charge||Ms. Audrey Poon (ic), Mrs Lau-Lim Fang Teng (2ic), Ms Michelle Ng Shu Ying,
Ms Low Li Si
|Training Day / Time||
Alternate Mondays (3:00 pm - 5:00 pm)
Wednesdays (3:00 pm - 6:00 pm)
|Venue||Parade Square / Canteen / Field / Classroom /Quadrangle|
THE AIMS OF GUIDING
Our Girl Guide unit aims to provide girls and young women with the opportunity to grow and lead and empower them to be agents of change in the world to develop them to their fullest potential as responsible citizens of the world.
• Awarded Puan Noor Aishah Bronze Award 2010.
• Awarded Puan Noor Aishah Silver Award 2011.
• Awarded Puan Noor Aishah Bronze Award 2012.
• 1 Guides was selected to be in the National Day Contingent in 2013.
• Awarded Puan Noor Aishah Silver Award 2013.
• 1 Guide was awarded the prestigious Baden Powell Award in 2013.
• 2 Guides was selected to be in the National Day Contingent in 2013.
• 6 Guides was selected to be Green Ambassadors for the Jacob Ballas Children’s Garden in 2013.
• 4th placing for Poem Writing Competition for World Thinking Day 2013.
• 1st placing in Ph0to Collage Design for South Division Day 2013.
• 3rd placing in Video Montage for South Division in 2013.
• 1st placing for Poster Design Competition for World Thinking Day 2014.
Popularly known as HIJ 1st Coy, we live up to our motto of ‘Be Prepared’ by organising many activities to maximise the potential of the Guides. We organise indoor and outdoor activities such as campcraft and outdoor cooking which not only enables us to acquire new skills but also to explore the many wonders of nature. With a serving heart and mind, we also render our services in the numerous community service outside and within school. Our community service includes raising funds for the Girl Guide Association through Thinking Day Pennies and through the selling of cookies.
Highlights of the year include the annual campfire during the sec 1 orientation where our Guides portray their talents and skills in structure building, building of a fire-pit and banner making.
Firepit and backdrop for Sec 1 orientation Campfire
Sec 1 participants walking across the structure build
Lighting of the Campfire
National Day March Past